Behind the store: NOSKINNY | Portland OR

Thursday, July 15, 2010 16 Comments A+ a-

As a publisher of a digital plus size magazine, I'm stuck in a virtual world of shopping malls that are located at www avenue. Honestly, I love to touch and feel the fashion and try it on! I don't know how many times I've walked into a dressing room with a handful of items to not only walk out with 1 item that fits right. Honestly, it amazes me that online shopping is so popular for the plus apparel community. I do have my few stores I shop online at because I've ordered and know the cuts and love the return policy if I don't luck out with the right fit.

But, this day, I wanted to go check out a local plus fashion store NOSKINNY. They say they are "bringing the fun back into shopping for big girls." When I first walked in, I was definitely skeptical that anything would fit AND look good, but my stylist (and assistant manager) Myndee made a believer out of me in no time. I had so much fun and as a BIG GIRL, I would totally recommend this store to anyone. They do offer some basic staples online at www.noskinny.com, but if you can come in the store - you MUST make it a stop! Hope you enjoy the video of my time at NOSKINNY touring the store and trying on Myndee's picks!

Did you see the dressing room??!! TO DIE!! I love how they have a HUGE area for a true shopping/styling experience. It's too easy to dismiss something while in your little dressing room and not give it a chance...you could just have it on wrong! :) So NOSKINNY provides a lush fabulous area for you to really see if it works.

This was my favorite outfit! I know I know ....basics in color, but the bright red belt is something I never do. I loved these leggings, they are a one size fits all (which I could NOT believe actually fit and were comfy!) as was the white tube top.

Then I asked Myndee to make me try this floral print on since I seem to always put it on my FUG list. I was thinking if I tried it on, I would have a change of heart...and honestly, it wasn't that bad!

This top was definitely fun and I LOVE the back detailing! I felt so cool...like Miley or someone fabulous! :)

And finally I tried on my first pair of stretch skinny jeans. Again, was in disbelief that they actually fit! These were a size 5x (26/28) and they were PERFFECTTTTTT. AHH my new favorites for SURE! And this top WAS totally fun...Myndee was so right :).

Thank you to the folks at NOSKINNY for letting me be VIP for the day with a one-on-one tour and shopping experience. And every girl needs a dressing room like the one at the Lloyd Center NOSKINNY store!

xoxo
jessica

16 comments

Write comments
Cheesy Poof
AUTHOR
July 15, 2010 at 6:38 PM delete

LOVE LOVE LOVE this! Weird how much I like the floral print, I never wear it... now I must have it lol.

Sabrina
AUTHOR
July 15, 2010 at 6:46 PM delete

The striped vest is my favorite! I want it so bad. But I do really love the floral top on you and really think you should wear them more often However, I am crazy about florals right now too

Christina
AUTHOR
July 15, 2010 at 7:38 PM delete

That black and white striped vest is sooo cute! I love it!! You look great in all the clothes! :)

-Christina <3

NerdMom
AUTHOR
July 15, 2010 at 9:23 PM delete

Confession time. I have never really worn anything like any of those (except a skinny jean). I think you look adorable! But I would be afraid of my arm, butt, shoulders, well everything looking huge in stuff like that. If you ever need a project for your magazine;).

LieveMiekjuh
AUTHOR
July 16, 2010 at 6:51 AM delete

Hi there,
love the video about NOSKINNY. And feeling sad right away that they don't have shops like that over here in The Netherlands.
My favorite put on item is the first one (your fav as well) and the floral dress....love that too.
You look absolutely great. Thanks for sharing, girl.
X LieveMiekjuh

LaCara
AUTHOR
July 16, 2010 at 8:05 AM delete

OMG their clothes are so hawt! I love the bright colors, I seriously need to hit up their store! You look gorgeous in all of the outfits, you definitely rocked it! Thank you so much for sharing ^-^

July 16, 2010 at 11:27 AM delete

@Cheesy Poof - I agree! I couldn't believe I was liking it? Definitely felt like I was 16 though!

@Sabrina - mine too! I LOOOVVEEED it!

@Christina - thank you!

@NerdMom - I KNOW!! ME too! It was my first pair and now I totally get it! YOU NEED a pair! LOL

@LieveMiekjuh - don't be sad! they do sell some items online at www.noskinny.com - but I do agree the store is the ultimate experience - let's hope they expand to WORLD DOMINATION!! LOL

@LaCara - thank you so much for reading!! they are totally cute and I was so excited to go and shop there - so cool! they only have 2 stores but I hope they expand!

July 16, 2010 at 11:48 AM delete

Please Please tell me that you got the entire first outfit. It looks AMAZING on you. The floral print is gorgeous with that red belt.

Janeen
AUTHOR
July 16, 2010 at 4:22 PM delete

I detest floral for myself especially being top heavy but I loved that dress. My favourite was teh striped vest . I have something similar that I got from Kohls but the stripe is on the inner part and its solid black outside

July 16, 2010 at 10:16 PM delete

fabulous! LOVE LOVE LOVE the flowery top on you with the red waist belt! AMAZING! <3

thirtiesgirl
AUTHOR
July 18, 2010 at 9:46 AM delete

Looks like they have some very cute stuff in the store. I wish LA had more "mom & pop" type stores that catered to fat women.

I think you look fab in the floral print top. It's got a very '50s boho vibe to it, especially with the red belt and leggings. You look great in yellow, too. I'm not a big fan of the "fading" look from one color to another, but I love yellow and gray together, and the yellow near your face is very pretty, especially with the ruffles.

July 18, 2010 at 7:56 PM delete

you rock in those skinny jeans/pants! I hope you got them!
I need that red belt, so hot!

Elizabeth
AUTHOR
July 24, 2010 at 7:44 AM delete

all the outfits are nice! you have great style :)

July 29, 2010 at 9:04 AM delete

girl u are frickin HOT. rock those leggings, OWN EM!!

Fatshion Chic
AUTHOR
July 29, 2010 at 9:13 AM delete

thank you so much!!!!!!! i love the comments and thank you, hope to see you on my facebook.com/fatshionchic page!

xoxo