picture how to | my signature hair styleMonday, January 03, 2011
.Love it or hate it, your hair is your #1 accessory (well besides confidence)...
If you have hair that is hard to manage, thick and curly, etc etc...i feel ya girl! I do as well.
I have thick curly, frizzy, not cute unless I torture it hair, and I get asked a lot, how do I do my hair, so I setup the camera and remote and walah, we have a picture hair montage! :)
Now, before you reach for the lotions, potions, serums and sprays, know that I have tried them ALL. And, my gospel of hair therapy is very simple: shampoo, light conditioner, light hairspray after styled and that's it. The more junk you put in your hair, the more flat it will be....at least for me. And, don't be afraid to beat your hair to death for 410 degrees of heat! :)
1. Wash hair, light towel dry, and then some air dry.
2. Blow dry completely dry.
3. Blow dry bangs forward - especially to control cowlicks.
4. Straigten hair from bottom to top - use a hair clip to hold up hair.
5. For thick curly hair, you'll need a flat iron that goes to at least 410 degrees.
6. Straigten bangs...fluff hair.
7. Trim bangs if needed.
8. Tease back crown of hair, then sides
9. Using brush, lightly brush over tease to smooth out.
10. Pull up hair to pin, secure with bobby pins. 2 per side.
11. Spray a finishing spray over entire hair. Smooth using hands over head to lightly smooth fly-a-ways.
What you'll need:
Flat Iron - I use a SEDU $120
Finishing Spray - I use Paul Mitchell Extra-Body Finishing Spray
Fine Tooth Comb
Hair cutting scissors