yes! cold weather equals fun fatshion!

Sunday, November 21, 2010 13 Comments A+ a-

Yes! Finally I can break out my hats and fancy coats for fall/winter. I'm naturally very warm blooded, so I HATE the heavy coats that restrict me, I will almost always opt for the 3/4 sleeve...since honestly I just need to be warm enough to make it from the car to the building....right?!

And, with the cold wet weather, comes the frizzy angry looking hair - thank GOD for hats!! And, thank God for Target - oh lala so chic.

So, to celebrate the cold weather, here are my two favorite pieces. Hat from Target, and the coat is from Missphit. If you don't know about Missphit, you NEED to know and love them. Honestly, my favorite thing is the fashion and fit. They know style, and they know a big girl's body. You can even shop online. www.missphit.com. In fact, I'm shopping for my NYE dress now from them!!

xoxo
jessica kane
www.facebook.com/fatshionchic <-- LIKE for the behind the scenes scoop and out takes!

13 comments

Write comments
mztt21
AUTHOR
November 21, 2010 at 10:59 PM delete

Hi! Don't take this the wrong way; honestly, im not a weirdo or anything...but i think i love you and i have a girl crush haha! Its soooo refreshing to see a plus size gal such as yourself with ur cute slim fit jeans and cute fall pea-coat and cute knit hat. Ahhh finally, ive found someone i can relate to! Im a size 22/24 and sometimes 26/28 and i love rocking the latest trends and im crazy about jeggings even though some people say im to big to wear them. So when i see u rockin ur cool clothes and with confidence...i just looooove u! lol keep looking fab!

November 21, 2010 at 11:05 PM delete

I loveeeeeeeee this too cute girl your outfits never disappoint me

November 22, 2010 at 5:27 AM delete

Love it......agreed I am very warm blooded so some winter coats are just too much!

CurvyEveryday
AUTHOR
November 22, 2010 at 6:57 AM delete

I am drooling over this look! And those photos outside are gorgeous. Alright, i love your clothes but know i love your back yard and trees.

gypsyroxylee
AUTHOR
November 22, 2010 at 8:09 AM delete

This looks like such a fun jacket. Just like you mentioned, not too restrictive, which is something I find is all too common in winterwear. The tree in your backyard is breathtaking!

svenskaussie
AUTHOR
November 22, 2010 at 11:34 AM delete

Totally with you about heavy coats, I feel the same way about restrictive bulky jumpers. Love the outfit, you really suit those jeans.

Vanessa
AUTHOR
November 22, 2010 at 7:01 PM delete

That jacket is great! Love the tailored classic look!

thirtiesgirl
AUTHOR
November 24, 2010 at 8:02 AM delete

Very cute outfit!

Two things, for the record: One, to the poster who said it's a pea coat, it's not. Pea coats are also very stylish and a good addition to a winter wardrobe, but this is more of a trench-type coat in jacket length (a trench jacket?). Look up pea coats online and you'll see what I mean.

Thing two: Jessica, I'm surprised you found something that fits you well from Missphits.com. I've always found Missphits' clothes to be cut on the very small size of plus. I usually wear a size 20-22 in tops, but a 3X top from Missphits (their largest size) barely fits my 40D boobs. In fact, I have the very top that's on Missphits' opening page (green/multi-colored) in 3X and it's so tight across my boobs that I only wear it when I'm going out. People at work don't need to see me wearing a top that tight. I like a lot of things on Missphits' site, but I'm very hesitant to buy because my past experience with them has shown me that their items are cut too small.

mjwrites
AUTHOR
November 24, 2010 at 5:51 PM delete

Love your cold-weather fashion, gal!

Hannah
AUTHOR
November 26, 2010 at 4:09 PM delete

I love your hat, houndstooth pattern has long been a favorite of mine, I love wearing it on everything!! haha

I now see we are a little more alike, we're both warm people! I like to think that my body has an overactive heating system. It's crazy how hot I can get. The other night the temperature dropped to it's lowest point this season and I slept in my bedroom which is the coldest room in the house and I actually had to wear a tank top to bed and throw off all my covers. I'm not sure if you're as extreme as me, but I'm right there with you with not wanting to wear a coat! (although, I should probably invest in one soon, so thank you for link!)

mama2reese
AUTHOR
November 27, 2010 at 10:30 AM delete

Very darling outfit!

I'd be curious how you get items "gifted" to you :)

November 28, 2010 at 5:30 PM delete

I'm loving the shape and the colour of the hat!